Learn science behind the potential benefits of molecular hydrogen.
WHAT IS MOLECULAR HYDROGEN?
Hydrogen is an element with one proton and one electron and the simplest element in the known universe. Helium is created through the fusion of hydrogen. Hydrogen and helium together account for 99.9 % of all matter in the universe.
- Hydrogen is the first element on the periodic table, with atomic number 1.
- Hydrogen is present in water and in all organic compounds.
- Hydrogen gas is colorless, odorless and tasteless.
- Hydrogen gas is not flammable, unless the temperature exceeds 527oC and the concentration in air exceeds 4 % in volume.
- When dissolved in water, hydrogen gas has a rating of 0/0/0 for health/flammability/instability on the Hazardous Material Information System.
- Hydrogen gas has low water solubility, with the saturation concentration at normal conditions being around 1.6 ppm (1.6 mg H2 per liter).